Whew! I can’t believe it’s already 2013. The past year was a complete whirlwind. 2012 was by far one of the busiest, most exciting, and most life changing years I’ve had so far. I kicked off the year with a new job and moved back to my hometown of Indianapolis after a two-year stint in Cincinnati. Josh and I finally moved into our own place- in the same city! And we got married. Then I went brunette!
It was one fabulous and crazy year.
I’m usually not a fan of New Years resolutions. They’ve always seem sort of silly, since I don’t think you need to wait until January rolls around to make changes to your life. But since everything has calmed down after the craziness that was 2012, I felt like I had some time in 2013 to try some new things, and dare I say it, make some resolutions.
Since it’s 2013, I thought 13 would be the appropriate amount of resolutions to kick off the New Year. I’m not sure I can even call these resolutions because they’re mostly fun things I want to do anyway, but hey, those are just the kinds of resolutions I’ll actually keep.
- Read more books. I’m finally the proud owner of a Kindle, and I’m already engrossed in my first book for the year: The Passage by Justin Cronin. My goal for the year is to read 10 books, which may not seem like a lot, but considering I’ve only read a handful in past year, I need to be realistic. Comment and let me know if you have any suggestions on what to read!
- Brew some more beer. Since I gave Josh a brewing kit last Christmas, we’ve only made two batches of beer. Two! Since I love drinking beer, I figured it would be great to start making more of own rather than buying it. And, how cool of gift idea would that be? Watch out Christmas 2013!
- Actually get down to the weight that’s written on my driver’s license. Who doesn’t have a weight loss goal for the New Year?
- Start a new TV series. I’m definitely one to re-watch all of my favorite shows, and I’m frequently watching reruns of How I Met Your Mother and The Office on Netflix. I only have 3 shows I watch regularly “live,” so I figured it would be fun to check out something new! I’d love to find a show on Netflix that’s already ended and watch it from the beginning. No commercials!
- Try out some new styles. Buy something I’d never wear usually wear. And wear it. And rock it.
- Check out an exercise class. I’ve wanted to do this forever, but I continue to remain a slave to the same old treadmill and elliptical.
- Do a DIY project from Pinterest. I have a ridiculous amount of wine corks I’ve been collecting over the last year and I’d love to finally do something with them. I think it’s time to stop pinning and start doing.
- Buy our first house. Once again, not really a resolution, but Josh and I really want to buy a house later this year. We just need to find the perfect one!
- Expand my cooking repertoire. I’d love to try out more types of cuisine and find some new favorite recipes. I should probably start with the dozen cooking books we have sitting around!
- Host a dinner party. We now have some amazing place settings and serving ware from our wedding, so I need an excuse to use it!
- Finally finish the scrapbooks I’ve had sitting around for years. You wouldn’t believe it, but scrapbooking materials take up a whole lot of space!
- Downsize. It’s time to get rid of what we’re not using and clean out the closet. What better excuse to buy something new?
- Pick up a new hobby. I just don’t know what it is….yet.
So there we go, 13 things to keep me busy in 2013! We’ll see how it goes…